cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted PO message reappearing in After PO release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the way to simulate my problem

1) Call transaction ME21 Create new PO with high value so that it will go for release

2) Call transaction ME22 u2013 Output -> messages -> Delete PO output u2013> Select and delete O/p message

3) Go to ME 28 release PO

4) Now go back to ME23 and you can see the PO output message

My question : Why deleted PO output message is apeading again? Can some one help me here.

Thanks you So much

Best Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, That is because

1. there is a change to the PO header, The status is being set!!

2. The PO was supposed to be output after the release!!

You could undo this by removing the setting for the indicator for New message determination upon change. It is under the message determination Schema "N"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. If I remove indicator "New message determination upon change" it will suppress all the message output in change mode. So any kind of changes on PO will not trigger output message. Is there any way to just control deletion of message alone?

Once again I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Sunil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like it is standard SAP feature, I got similar reply for SAP OSS team also. Thanks for your help Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

You are defying the whole purpose of Release Strategy.. Th Release inidcates final approval and release to the vendor. However you are deleting the O/p..

In order to delete the o/p message is againtst the system process. If you still intend to do it and Your audit has no issues with that, you could code the requirement for the message and customize it to look at the trigger that causes the O/p to create upon release.. This way as soon as it is determined, You can modify the SY-SUBRC to 4 so the message is not showed any more.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I think you have setted automatic message determination for PO through MN04.

Try going in MN05 and deleting the contents and save,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. If i remove entry from MN05 it will suppress all the message output in change mode. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Sunil