SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How different is oil and gas from SD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

I have some basic knowledge of SD module on the Functional side, and now like to switch to OIL AND GAS IS.

My question is how different is OIL AND GAS IS from SD.

What are major differences in CONFIGURATION, T-CODES,TABLES AND FIELDS etc.

What areas in SD , should I concentrate more for easy transition to OIL AND GAS IS?

I would really appreciate if some one kindly explain these questions to me.

Thanks.

VM

Edited by: VIKRAM MEHTA on Sep 8, 2008 11:29 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram.

SAP IS Oil comes with various modules such as HPM-Hydrocarbon Product Management, TDP-Traffics Duties and Permits, TD-Transporation and Distribution, MOE Markeing Contracts and Order entry, Exchanges etc.

As per the difference is concerned, i feel changes in terms of the Oil business transations, Pricing, defaults Hierarchy, values Tables, configurations.

you can upgrade youself from SD to TD Module which talks about Deliveries/shipping notifications/

reservations, scheduling, Routing, Loading, and excise duty transations ...

BT

Satish

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram.

SAP IS Oil comes with various modules such as HPM-Hydrocarbon Product Management, TDP-Traffics Duties and Permits, TD-Transporation and Distribution, MOE Markeing Contracts and Order entry, Exchanges etc.

As per the difference is concerned, i feel changes in terms of the Oil business transations, Pricing, defaults Hierarchy, values Tables, configurations.

you can upgrade youself from SD to TD Module which talks about Deliveries/shipping notifications/

reservations, scheduling, Routing, Loading, and excise duty transations ...

BT

Satish