cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group key condition formula usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to know with a good example what's the use for group key condition formula.

Thanks in advance,

Piercarlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkataswamy.y,

Thank you for your answer but the example from SAP documentation is not sufficient.

In deed I have to admit that I don't understand the group condition either

Let's say that we have three ordered items. There is a group condition type in pricing procedure.

Let's say that for two items we have the same condition record for the group condition type. For the third we have a different condition record accessed.

How is the quantity base calculated?

I suppose that the grouping is made on the same condition record. This way I think I can manage a grouping with material price product as in the example you said.

With this supposition in my mind I think that, as standard pricing process, the group key is the condition record number (KNUMH). With the group key formula I can modify the group key as I want.

Let's make an example:

I have this situation:

item number Product pricing mat group Qty

10 PROD_1 01 100

20 PROD_2 01 150

The group condition type ZGRP was accessed with two different condition records. The item 10 was accessed with a condition record with PROD_1 in the key, the item 20 was accessed with a condition record with mat. pricing group 01 in the key.

In this situation the grouping is not made and the base qty is 100 for item 10 and 150 for item 20.

I implement a group key formula and associate it to ZGRP condition type. The formula implementation returns always "group" string as a group key.

This way the quantity is always grouped, without considering what condition record was found. So in our example the quantity base is 250.

Am I wrong? Let me know

Thanks in advance,

Piercarlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

find the group condtion with exqample.

Indicates whether the system calculates the basis for the scale value from more than one item in the document.

Use

For a group condition to be effective, the items must belong to a group. You can freely define the group to meet the needs of your own organization. The items can, for example, all belong to the same material group.

Example

A sales order contains two items. Both items belong to the material group 01.

Material Quantity Material group

A 150 01

B 100 01

The group condition indicator is set in the definition of the condition type for material group discounts. The condition record for material group 01 includes the following pricing scale:

Scale quantity Discount

from 1 pc -1%

from 200 pc -2%

Neither item alone qualifies for the 2% discount. However, when the items are combined as part of a group condition, the combined quantity creates a basis of 250 pieces. This basis then exceeds the scale value of 200 pieces, which is necessary to qualify for the higher discount.

can see group condition with example.

Best best regards,

venkataswamy.y