cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Approval Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing a problem in the customized CATS approval workflow. When an employee submits the time, a work item is sent to its supervisor to approve the time. When the supervisor approves the time the workflow gets completed and thus this part is working fine.

Now if other then supervisor approves time using t-code CATS_APPR_LITE the work flow does not complete because the work item still exist in the supervisors inbox. In this case if supervisor go to his inbox and execute the work item it give the message "No Data Found" and the workflow gets completed. This problem persist in QA not is DEV. In dev if somebody approves the time using the CATS_APPR_LITE the workitem disappears from the supervisors inbox and workflow get completed.

Please let me you if you guys have understood the problem not sure if I have explained it well. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your custom approval task did you maintained a terminating event, please check in both systems.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes terminating event is defined in both the systems. I am compared the workflow in both the systems. They are identical.

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ho Rohit,i am not aware with workflow and have to create workflow for timesheet...do u have any doc ..mean how to create workflow and all...plz could u send me........thanks.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

I don't have specific document on Time workflow but there are good documentation available on web for workflows. Check some of these.

www.sapmaterial.com/workflow.html

www.erpgenie.com/component/content/article/124-workflow/449-sapr-business-workflow-tutorial

www.sap-img.com/workflow/workflow-faq.htm

www.erpgenie.com/sap/workflow/tips.htm

www.sapdocs.info/2008/09/08/workflow-introduction/

Hope this will help you to get started.

Thank you,

Rohit

surjith_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit Aggarwal ,

For CATS Approval, Can please mention which Task u given in SPRO. If user doesnt have authorization he may get this message. Goto SU53, see are you getting any authorization Problem.

Regards,

Surjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using custom task. CATS approval work flow in working fine in DEV but facing problem in QA. When ever time in approved using CATS_APPR_LITE the work item is not disappearing from the managers inbox and thus workflow does not get completed as it is waiting manager to perform the action even though the time is approved. In DEV it is working fine, as soon as time is approved workitem is disappeared from the managers inbox and work flow get completed.

I have compared the workflow in DEV and QA they are same and not sure if missing any configuration.