cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

~messageline...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is ~messageline still used in integrated its to display error messages?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello VatHB,

The ~messageline should still used by the webgui. I have no idea if it'll work for what you're doing, but you should try your old applications on the Integrated ITS and list the error or outcome, that will help more in deciding if it is still used.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, they seem to work for some templates but not all of them.

I had one template that was working then all of a sudden after a little change (that didn't involve the messageline) the error messages aren't showing up.

They are type W in class YE, if that helps at all.

How does the error message's get written to the "MESSAGE" varible to be displayed on the screen?

Edited by: VatHB on Sep 9, 2008 1:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Integrated ITS set messages differently and the standalone did?

We are writing the message vaibles to MESSAGE i304 and then displaying them using the ~messageline. Some seem to display while others don't display at all, but you can see it being written to the "Message" varible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is out the ABAP backend is setup.

IF zerror IS INITIAL.

MESSAGE i304.

ELSE.

MESSAGE i567(ye) WITH g_direct_order-material.

ENDIF.

And in the Templates we are using ~messageline to display them, but for some reason it's not outputting the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update to this issue is that the ~messageline will work in one online store but not work in another online store. They both run through the same ABAP code so I'm having difficulty trying to track down what's different from one online store to another.

Are there any parameters that need to be set when moving from Standalone ITS to Integrated ITS? Is there something I must do in the External Alias in SICF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up writing it out to another field.