Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Invoke Parent Component from Child

I have one DC Web dynpro project with multiple web dynpro components. CompA uses CompB. CompA and CompB both have 1 views each. When I show CompB view, can I navigate to CompA using a plug or use CompA by firing an Event ?

Current attempts by me to achieve this have failed. I am thinking may be the CompA has not been initialized yet. Is there any way to initialize CompA from the child CompB?

replied
<body><p>Faraz,</p><p></p><p>This makes sense now. </p><p></p><p>The simple reason why you cannot reach from Component B to Component A is that there is no dependency declaration in Component B for Component A. This can't be done as this will result in a cyclic dependency situation.</p><p></p><p>You may want to use WDURLGenerator API to get an URL for you application assigned to component A to navigate.</p><p></p><p>Take a look at &#91;this blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10931&#93 <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b> <b>[original link is broken]</b>;. This will be helpful.</p><p></p><p>Vishwas.</p></body>
0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question