cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI - Where to find the Merge Module and the Install Shield?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using CR XI with Delphi 2006 and I'm having problems with the client side instalation of the program.They say I have to install the Merge Modules through an Install Shield programs.

Where to find this and how to use?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhijeet,

My CR XI does not have any information about releases or service packs. Do I have to download the Merge Modules for Release 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

Click on the following link:

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

and select Crystal Report product ,version,software type as utility and download mergemodules.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

Could you please tell me the exact version of the Crystal Reports that you are using by going to Crystal Reports Designer, Help Menu > About Crystal Reports.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhijeet,

I'm using Crystal Reports version "11.0.0.1282".

The link above just have the Merge Modules for .Net applications. That are exactly the files I have to use in my Delphi application?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

Merge modules are used to pass runtimes of Crystal to a client's machine. The process is generally used in a .NET IDE.

You can use the "Merge Modules for Crystal Reports XI RDC Deployments " from the link provided, if the Delphi application is diffferent from the .NET application.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

The problem has been solved.

I've downloaded the Merge Modules from the link pointed by Abhijeet. Having the MSM files, I generate a MSI Installer Program through Visual Studio 2005.

Once installed the MSI file in the client machine, the report works perfectly!

Thank you for the help´!

Luiz Fernandes

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Install shield is a part of MS Windows not with the BusinessObjects so I was not able to find any BO document on it.

I have searched over the internet and found some useful links about Install Shield for Windows:

http://gormanonline.com/blogs/msidle/archive/2008/05/02/basic-introduction-to-installshield-and-wind...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InstallShield

-

-

Microsoft Windows includes registry-activated logging services to help diagnose Windows Installer issues. This article describes how to enable this logging service.

Open the registry with Regedt32.exe and create the following path and keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Reg_SZ: Logging

Value: voicewarmup

You can use this example:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftwindowsInstaller]

u201CLoggingu201D=u201Dvoicewarmupu201D

The letters in the value field can be in any order. Each letter turns on a different logging mode. Each letteru2019s actual function is as follows for MSI version 1.1:

v Verbose output

o Out-of-disk-space messages

i Status messages

c Initial UI parameters

e All error messages

w Non-fatal warnings

a Start up of actionsr Action-specific records

m Out-of-memory or fatal exit information

u User requests

p Terminal properties

+ Append to existing file

! Flush each line to the log

u201Cu201D - Wildcard, log all information except for the v option. To include the v option, specify u201C/lvu201C.

Once activated, the log files that are generated may be found in your %TEMP% directory.

-

Hope this will give you a clarification about Installation Shield for Windows.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

You can get the merge modules from the link provided below,

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#05

and you can click the 2nd link (crxi_net_deployment.pdf.) on the page above.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.