cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DateTime and Timezone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all.

First, of all, I am working in Business Logic 11.5. I have a txt file sitting on a server (the server is in the Eastern Time Zone and DOES observer Daylight Saving Time) GMT-4 during the summer, GMT-5 during the winter.

My MII server is in the Easter Time Zone and DOES NOT observe Daylight Saving Time GMT-5 all year round.

I am using a GetFileList Action block to find out the Date (date node coming back is DateModified).

<h4>The date coming back shows it's timezone as GMT-5</h4>

(I'm guessing from the Mii server) when I do a

datefromxmlformat( GetFileList.FileList{/Rowsets/Rowset/Row/Date}, "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss z")

)

I'd like to subtrack 5 hours - I know dateaddhours(datetime, -5) - and have it return that that the timezone is now GMT-0 - that's the reason to subtract 5 -for Eastern TimeZone

<h4>ITEM 1- but can't figure out how to get the Time Zone to change. </h4>

<h4>ITEM 2 - The Sample output for the action shows 7 Nodes coming back I only receive 5 of them</h4>

This is mostly a Curiousity Question not a needed item

<Row>
  <Name></Name> 
  <Date>This is really ModifiedDate</Date> 
  <LastWriteDate></LastWriteDate>
  <LastAccessDate></LastAccessDate>
  <Size></Size> 
  <ReadOnly></ReadOnly> 
  <FullPath></FullPath> 
</Row>

I only get back

<Row>
  <Name></Name> 
  <Date>This is really ModifiedDate</Date> 
  <Size></Size> 
  <ReadOnly></ReadOnly> 
  <FullPath></FullPath> 
</Row>

<h4>Is there anyway to get the remaining 2 nodes?</h4>

Edited by: Dennis West on Sep 8, 2008 10:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennis,

#1 datefromxmlformat( dateaddhours( Repeater_0.Output{/Row/Date} , -5 ), "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm:ss zzz" )

With 11.5, for a repeater file date of "2008-08-21T23:38:59" you should get "08/21/2008 18:38:59 EDT"

The files in my web directory return either EST or EDT

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dennis,

#2 Looks like an 11.5 bug to me (perhaps some carryover from 11.0/.NET to java conversion) - where the reference document shown by the action block in the link editor is different than what actually gets built and returned at runtime by the Runner engine.

12.0 adds the LastWriteDate back to the output, and design time and runtime match, but LastAccessDate is gone for good.

Regards,

Jeremy

Edited by: Jeremy Good on Sep 8, 2008 8:57 PM