Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger sales orders IDOCs - when orders change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to trigger IDOCS(Orders05) whenever a sales order changes.

Can you please let me know the steps involved. I would appreciate a detailed step by step procedure. I saw a similar post in this forum but the response was a lil high level.

Thank You

Arvind

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ian_maxwell2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A few of methods that you could use:

- Using output conditions - Once configured these can be used to create vaious types of outputs (ex. SAPScripts, IDocs, and other stuff).

- Change Pointers - Configure change pointers to trigger off of the sales order change doucments. A batch program would have to be written to read the change pointers, generate the IDocs and clear the change pointers. The advantage of this method is that you'll even know exactly which fields have been changed.

- User Exit - Impliment the On Save user exit and create the IDoc at that time.

~Ian

1 REPLY 1

ian_maxwell2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A few of methods that you could use:

- Using output conditions - Once configured these can be used to create vaious types of outputs (ex. SAPScripts, IDocs, and other stuff).

- Change Pointers - Configure change pointers to trigger off of the sales order change doucments. A batch program would have to be written to read the change pointers, generate the IDocs and clear the change pointers. The advantage of this method is that you'll even know exactly which fields have been changed.

- User Exit - Impliment the On Save user exit and create the IDoc at that time.

~Ian