cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error loading Crystal Reports with Delphi 2006

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've developed an application in Delphi 2006 + Crystal Reports XI. When I try to open the Window which calls the reports, I receive the error message:

Error:104 Failed to obtain Version Information from CRPE32.DLL - GetCrpeVersion

Windows Error Number: 1812 - O arquivo de imagem não continha uma seção de recursos

In the machine where runs Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition, the program runs without any problems.

Someone could helps me?

Cordially,

Luiz Fernandes

Edited by: Luiz Fernandes on Sep 8, 2008 9:28 PM

Edited by: Luiz Fernandes on Sep 8, 2008 10:51 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

Starting a Delphi 4 application on a client machine (Windows 98) causes the following error:

Error 104: Failed to obtain version information from Crpe32.dll. Function GetFileVersionInfoSize.

-Windows 95 and Windows98 machines with Pentium II do not cause the error.

-The error only occurs on Windows 98 with MMX.

-When checking what file size is allocated when Crpe32.dll is loaded: no space is allocated on the win98 with MMX.

Resolution:

The search path on Win98 (with MMX) looks first on the server and then on the local machine. Under Win95 the search path looks first on the local machine. The problem was that there was a Crpe32.dll on the Novell Netware 4.10 server and it didn't allow GetFileVersionInfoSize.

The problem was solved by removing Crpe32.dll from the server. In that case Win98 could load the Crpe32.dll from the local machine.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question has been solved when I downloaded the Merge Modules and, through Visual Studio 2005, I built a Setup Instalation, just as the PDF with Merge Modules instructs.

It's easier than it looks like!

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luiz

Do you have Crystal Merge Module installed on your machine. If not, that might be the reason you are getting this error message.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luiz,

Could you please let me know what version of MS Windows Operating System are you using? (Win 95, Win 98, Win XP, Win Server 2003, or any other)

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.