Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error loading Crystal Reports with Delphi 2006

Hi,

I've developed an application in Delphi 2006 + Crystal Reports XI. When I try to open the Window which calls the reports, I receive the error message:

Error:104 Failed to obtain Version Information from CRPE32.DLL - GetCrpeVersion

Windows Error Number: 1812 - O arquivo de imagem não continha uma seção de recursos

In the machine where runs Crystal Reports XI Developer Edition, the program runs without any problems.

Someone could helps me?

Cordially,

Luiz Fernandes

Edited by: Luiz Fernandes on Sep 8, 2008 9:28 PM

Edited by: Luiz Fernandes on Sep 8, 2008 10:51 PM

replied

Hi Luiz,

Starting a Delphi 4 application on a client machine (Windows 98) causes the following error:

Error 104: Failed to obtain version information from Crpe32.dll. Function GetFileVersionInfoSize.

-Windows 95 and Windows98 machines with Pentium II do not cause the error.

-The error only occurs on Windows 98 with MMX.

-When checking what file size is allocated when Crpe32.dll is loaded: no space is allocated on the win98 with MMX.

Resolution:

The search path on Win98 (with MMX) looks first on the server and then on the local machine. Under Win95 the search path looks first on the local machine. The problem was that there was a Crpe32.dll on the Novell Netware 4.10 server and it didn't allow GetFileVersionInfoSize.

The problem was solved by removing Crpe32.dll from the server. In that case Win98 could load the Crpe32.dll from the local machine.

Regards,

Abhijeet Taskar.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question