Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing document name per approval stage

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need to use the Purchase Order interface both as a Purchase Requisition and a Purchase Order.

Basically, I have setup an approval stage for PO. Before the approval takes place, the document is considered a PR and post approval a PO.

Since, we can create separate print layouts for PR and PO, can the print layouts be tied to the documents approval stage ?

That is, till such time the PR is approved, only the PR layout is printable, else the PO layout becomes printable automatically.

Please throw in your ideas too.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use one PLD to print your PR and PO since you can identify the different documents by document status.

Check this thread to see what you need to setup on the PLD. If you still have questions, keep posting.

Thanks,

Gordon

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Using PLD, how to identify the different documents by document status.

For example, I would like the "Draft" status documents for PO to automatically print as "Purchase Requisition".

Post approval, the status would change to "Open" , which shoudl print the "Purchase Order" in turn.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link to find more info:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

If one person prints out the drafts, and another person prints out the open PO's, then you can assign a different layout to each. Otherwise, I don't think there is any way to do what you want with the PLD.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you send purchase order(ie)(purchase requisition) for

approval document is saved as draft,You can print document

with draft watermark which can be identified as purchase requistion.

After approval purchase order can be printed automatically

Wile adding.

This can be achieved by setting user defaults(Administration>Setup>Users)in which we can set it for a user to print purchase order while adding the document.

Jeyakanthan