cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get this Layout displaying data both on left and right side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am using Crystal X! R2 for the report development. I have an issue in developing one report. I am getting the data for the report from the stored procedure listed below.

RoleName	PersonName	Activity Name		Shift

R1		P1		-			-
R2		P2		-			-
R50		P50		PPPPPP		        10am-4pm
R51		P51		SSSSS			11am-5pm
R55		P55		GGGGG		        5am-10pm

I need to display the above data in the below format.

RoleName	PersonName	RoleName	PersonName 	Activity Name	   Shift
R1		P1		R50		P50		PPPPPP	   10am-4pm
R2		P2		R51		P51		SSSSS		   11am-5pm
				R55		P55		GGGGG	   5am-10pm

I need to display on the left side only the Rolename and Person Name whose Rolenames are less than 50.

On the right side I need to display the RoleName PersonName Activity Name Shift whose rolenames are greater than 50.

I have an idea that I can do it by creating 2 subreports one for the left side data and other for the right side data. As I am already displaying the data in the subreport, I canu2019t go for nested subreport option due to crystal limitation .

Please help me how to display the left section data and right section data side by side.

Appreciated ur help in advance.

Thanks

-Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kumar,

In the first subreport return your Rolenames that are < = 50 using record selection.

In the second subreport return Rolenames that are > 50.

Place both subreports in the Report Header or Footer.

Ensure that the main report returns one record, the datasource is irrelevant, and then suppress that record. This just ensures that the subreports will process.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply Graham. But here the thing is different.

In the main report I am not accessing any datasource.And I am not supposed to do according to my requiremnt. SO in the main report nothing is there its just a blank.

I forgot to mention that I have a grouping on date for the data I have shown earlier in this post.

So If I place both subreports in any header or footer in main, the data in the subreports will not be grouped by date, as we don't have that date field in the main report.

SO subreport 1 will display the data for all thedates and the subreport2 also will display for all the dates.

But for each date I need to display subreport1 and subreprot2 data.

Is there anyother way.

Thanks

Kumar