Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Replicate network in an operative project via new sales orders

So question. I have a quote triggering a project. Then a contract references the quote. I modified the contract to have scheduling lines. I used "CD" as schedule line categories in both the contract and the sales order with a 201 copy control from the quote to the contract. Therefore the contract updates my execution factor and also the activities of the network.

When I add a sales order against the contract that references an already existing quote that has previously generated a project it updates the project and doesn't generate a new project based on a std. network assigned to the same material used in the quote and the sales order. This is great!

However, when I create multiple sales orders against the same contract/quote/project, the system keeps updating the same network header/activities that were originally created from the quote, therefore overriding the values from the previous sales order input. This seems the way SAP was designed to work.

I need for the additional sales orders to append a new network header with the same activities (just a clone) as those from the original quote generated project and NOT based on the standard network.

Thanks in Advance

Terry

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question