cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engage - could not load component library, help please!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This'll be my fourth attempt at trying to get an answer for this one, so any help will be much appreciated. I've had the software on my PC for over a week now and have been unable to get it working, so it'll be a refund request from me if I can't get it working soon.

I had Xcelsius 4.5 Pro and have bought the download to upgrade to Engage. I couldn't get it to install to begin with so I did the fix with Regedit and permissions. This allowed me to install the software but, on opening, I get the message "Could not load component library" I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software - this didn't work. I also downloaded and installed Service Pack 1 to see if that would fix it, but I am still getting the same message. Grateful for any help with this problem please.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The cause of the error sounds like it is being thrown from the communcation between Xcelsius 2008 and the Canvas itself.

To further debug the issue, I'd suggest installing the debugger version of Flash Player. If there is a problem there, then this should expose it.

Uninstall Flash:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

Install Flash Debug Player:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/9/flashplayer_9_ax_debug.exe

Note: make sure to re-install the regular Flash Player after troubleshooting.

Please post the message that the debugger displays if one so happens to occur.

Thanks,

-david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fantastic - it's fixed! Uninstalling Flash and then re-installing the debug version of it fixed the problem. Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

Ronnie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ronnie,

During the install process of Xcelsius 2008, it should have prompted you for an Xcelsius 2008 keycode. Did this occur?

Also, where did this error occur? Before or after the application opened?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The first time I tried it I seem to remember that I wasn't prompted for a keycode, so I did the Regedit fix mentioned (i.e. changing permissions) in one of the forum posts and then it installed successfully, after prompting me for a keycode

The error message occurs after I launch Xcelsius 2008, I can see all the menus but some options are greyed out and I cannot drag and drop any of the components on to the page

Thanks

Ronnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie,

Just some preliminary questions about your issue here:

1.) Was Crystal Xcelsius 4.5 Pro uninstalled before installing the Xcelsius 2008 upgrade?

2.) If CX 4.5 Pro is still installed, can you still execute it after installing the Xcelsius 2008 upgrade? If so, any problems with that?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David -

1. Xcelsius 4.5 Pro was not uninstalled

2. I was able to execute 4.5 OK after installing the 2008 upgrade

Thanks for your help,

Ronnie