cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying / exporting from sneak preview to full SAP system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have created small project in Netweaver developer studio (webdynpro GUI with some calculations) and I want to deploy this to our big portal (our company SAP system). How can I do this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

no differences from the deployment against a local system; you just have to fill in the server's settings.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/6e5a3e740be946e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer but I'm a complete newbie in the SAP field. Do you mean I should fill in the adress and port in "Window -> Preferences -> SAP Enterprise Portal ?.

I have done so but I don't understand howto deploy the .ear file to our company WebAS portal.

I've tried to create an web dynpro iview on the portal but then...what do I do?. I can't find a way to deploy the .ear into our portal. I've also tried to create a .par but no luck.

Thanks for helping me. I'm very greatful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP EP runs on a Java engine, so when we deploy the WD file to the J2ee engine it will be available to the portal also.

In window -> prefernces -> spa j2ee engine .. enter the message server and port no .. and deploy your WD proj from NDS.

Now in portal , create a WD iview and enter the namespace local/proj name and appl name..

This will use the appropriate .ear file and display the WD iview.

regards

Bharathwaj

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

> in "Window -> Preferences -> SAP Enterprise Portal

No. Please read the doc provided: "Window - Preferences - SAP J2EE Engine." For you don't deploy WD into the portal but on the server itself.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unlike a portal iView project, Web Dynpro applications do not need the portal to run, as they are deployed directly on the Web AS itself. What the portal does using Web Dynpro iViews is somewhat like a URL iView, using certain parameters and SSO to your app, if configured.

If you are not using JDI, all you need to do is in your Developer Studio preferences change the SAP J2EE Engine URL to that of your other Web AS, and deploy your project as told before. Then in the portal create a system for your Web AS, then a Web Dynpro iView and change the required parameters.

More details :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/f6584289e59041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a Web dynpro IView and configured the SAP J2EE Engine URL with the adress of our company WebAS (and the correct port). When I try to deploy I get a error message from within NWDS like:

"Jan 26, 2006 3:56:08 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[006]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !"

So, it's the deploy manager that is complaining. Can you give me a hint on where to configure it?

Regards

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

if you search on SDN forums for "Cannot determine sdm host (is empty)." you'll get several threads about the same problem, but without real solutions In one thread, a restart of the server seemed to have done the trick -

Interesting enough, most of these threads are less than five weeks old - so it also could be a SP15 problem (under whatever concrete circumstances).

Hope it helps nevertheless

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SDM server started? On your target WebAS, run

\usr\sap\<system_id>\JC<instance>\SDM\program\StartServer.bat

Also you could try to login with RemoteGui.bat to see if SDM is working properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated. I'll try 'em first thing in the morning

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, so this is the same on a "big" SAP system?. I need to check if SDM server is running...Can I do this myself? (I have a account to login, not sure if it's an admin login though)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In your NDS , you will have a view called J2EE engine in WebDynpro Perspective.

It will give the status of the server process ,dispatcher and sdm of the server you are connected to.

It should be green !

And for the ask your administrator to provide you the SDM password.

This is a password different from the admin password.. Its given during the installation. You can use this password to deploy your applications.

In older versions of WebAS Java engine.. the default password for SDM is "sdm". After SR1 releases , you have an option of specifying them in your installation.

"sdm" might work out in sneak preview.. If it does not ,contact your admin for SDM password .

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!, very helpful, it works now

Answers (0)