Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to asset accounting...

We have an asset class for which we are almost close to using up the number range for eg:

asset class: 3200

Number range: 14 which has a range defined 320000-320999

I want to know, if i can by anyways increase the number range?

If I create a new interval say 21 with a range of 322000-322999 instead of 14, which is company code specific. My question is if i assign this new 21 to this asset class, will it affect any other company codes for the same asset class?

I would like a step by step process help, if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Anusha

Edited by: Anusha Gopalakrishnan on Sep 8, 2008 5:48 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you ever thought to answer your question by yourself with testing? I mean your following question:

> I want to know, if i can by anyways increase the number range?

>

> If I create a new interval say 21 with a range of 322000-322999 instead of 14, which is company code specific. My question is if i assign this new 21 to this asset class, will it affect any other company codes for the same asset class?

>

> Edited by: Anusha Gopalakrishnan on Sep 8, 2008 5:48 PM

The answer to this question can be easily found out by changing according umber range in the system and checking the impacts. Wouldn´t this be much more effective?

Regards,

Markus

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

who decied to create a number range that could only handle 999 asset records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure, I guess it has been like this since GO Live in 2001 and I have been here for the past 6 months, so not me.

Any ideas how this can be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

It is possible to change number ranges for assets. (this is on company code level!!!!)

You have only to think about when you have setup that the existing asset numbers are not in the range when you created automatcly asset numbers

from 320000-320999 to 320000-322999 is possible when there is no overlap with other number ranges.

In our system the first 4 digits are the company code the 5 and 6 are the asset class and then the number.

When you have more company codes you see direct: this is the company code or the asset clas (first 2 diggits from the asset class)

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you change the number range in asset class, you have to maintain the number assignment for all company codes under this number range