cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference in clearing documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask for help with the following problem. When posting the clearing (eg. clearing of Vendor Invoices X Bank payments on vendor account) the clearing documents are posted in two ways:

Example clearing of two documents (invoice and payment) in amount of 100 in document currency.

In the first way the clearing document is posted in document currency:

DR: 100

CR: 100

In the second way the clearing document is posted in document currency:

DR: 0

CR: 0

I am not able to find out how sap decides in which way to post clearing document.

I checked the cleared documents and never found out any difference which could cause the way of posting of the clearing document.

Thank you,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its on the basis of how your bank GL account is setup. If the bank GL has the "only balances in local currency" checked, then the document will be posted as in your second example, else in the first.

Cheers..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Thanks for you reply.

This is actually not the case. As I have difference in two clearing documents which clear items on the same vendor and bank account.

However I found out the difference which causes the difference in the way of posting. In our system we have Local currency 2 and Local currency 3.

In case there is automatically posted Forex Gain/Loss in different way for LC2 and LC3 (ie Gain on LC2 and Loss on LC3 or other way round) on one document the way of posting in Document Currency is:

DR: 100

KR:100

In case there is automatically posted Forex Gain/Loss in the same way for LC2 and LC3 (ie Gain on LC2 and LC3 or Loss on LC2 and LC3) the posting in Document Currency is

DR:0

KR:0

This is not very logical to me. But it is the way it works.

Does anybody know if there is any way how to change the settings for the way how the clearing documents are posted?

Thank you,

Jan