cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Group Headings and showing them on drill down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I think this is a simple question and feel that I should already know the answer but for some reason it eludes me. What I would like to know is the proper way to hide/display group headings and have them show up on drill down BUT not repeat on each group header.

What I have for grouping is as follows:

Group Header #1 u2013 Sales Rep

Group Header #2 u2013 Customer

Group Header #3 u2013 Product Class

Group Header #4 u2013 Stock Code

Details

Group Footer #4 u2013 summary calculated on this line

Group Footer #3 u2013 summary calculated on this line

Group Footer #2 u2013 summary calculated on this line

Group Footer #1 u2013 summary calculated on this line

My goal is to have my report show only the lines listed below by default and allow the user to drill down group by group to the details section:

Group Header #1 u2013 Sales Rep

Group Footer #2 u2013 summary calculated on this line

Group Footer #1 u2013 summary calculated on this line

If anyone could offer any help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

FatMan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kyle_mcadam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FatMan,

In the suppression expert, just check the value of the internal function "DrillDownGroupLevel". I believe you would be suppressing Group header 3, when DrillDownGroupLevel < 3 , etc.

Cheers,

MuscleMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

MuscleMan:

Thank you for your post. I have looked at each icon on my toolbars and searched the menues for the "suppression expert" and could not find it. Could you please provide me with a bit more detail as to its location. Kind of new at creating reports and appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Darren

kyle_mcadam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, guess my muscles got to my head....I meant to say, in the section expert, go into the suppression formula

kyle_mcadam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

click section expert, then for example of GH3, highlight it, then click on the formula box for suppression, and put in the code....

Drilldowngrouplevel < 3

The result will be that this GH3 is suppressed whenever the report is showing GH1 and 2 but not 3.

In addition to this, you must Hide(Drill-down ok) GH3. This is also done in the section expert.

Then just do the same for GF3, and for GH4/GF4 make sure you use...

Drilldowngrouplevel < 4

Answers (0)