Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ABAP Gurus,

Could you tell me, in which tables, is the layout information stored. I wanted to know, which fields are returned on the report based on the layout selected.

Thanks very much,

Reeta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is ALV report, Check in the output in the application tool bar Change Layout, Select Layout and Save Layout Buttons. Use Change Layout Button to Hide / Select Fields and use Save Layout button to Save the Fields. Once you saved the fields, the name will be displayed in the initial selection screen if you press F4 in the Layout input box.

Thanks,

Senthil

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone? please. I have looked some in the forums, but didn't find anything...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are various layout table. Can you be more specific about your requirement.

Else you can search using Layout in the search help of the database table in SE11.

You will get whole list of tables which deals with layout information for various things.

Thanks,

Kartavya

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is LTDX table which contains the report , its layout. dont know if this is what you required

Edited by: Nanda Kishore Veeravalli on Sep 8, 2008 6:43 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses. I did see the list of tables tables for the layout...when I look at the data, most of it was Greek and Latin to me...

Here is my requirement..On the query selection screen, there is an option to select the layout and it works only when we select List Viewer option, but not with other options. So when I select anything other than List Viewer option, I just wanted to take the layout name and go into the database and pull the fields selected to the corresponding layout name (wanted to handle it programmatically) .. I don't know, if I made sense..but if I am not clear, I can explain further.

So, right now I want to know, which table I look at to find the fields selected for a given layout.

Regards,

Reeta.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the ALV related FM then we can find the variant info in that.\ ie IS_VARIANT option.

we can use these FM to get the variants -

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_EXISTENCE'

CALL FUNCTION 'REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_F4'

If we are using it in classical reports then we need to write the code.

Pls search in SDN more on the variants for ALVs.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is ALV report, Check in the output in the application tool bar Change Layout, Select Layout and Save Layout Buttons. Use Change Layout Button to Hide / Select Fields and use Save Layout button to Save the Fields. Once you saved the fields, the name will be displayed in the initial selection screen if you press F4 in the Layout input box.

Thanks,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Thank you Lekha and Senthil for your input.

I have the layout stored. Long story short...I just need to know, for the given layout what fields/columns are selected on a query result. That is all. The query will run in the background so ALV is not the option for me, just the layout so that I can programmatically handle the result and write the output to a file.

Reeta

0 Kudos

ALV Report output (Basic List) based on the Layout or Variant is not Queried, if you get different output(Columns) based on layout or Variant, it is not queried from the table, it is just saved from the ALV output once you choose the column you want and save it. The Function Module used in the code for this is 'REUSE_ALV_VARIANT_F4'.

If your program runs in background and you need not care about the ALV output but want to download in to the file, use GUI_DOWNLOAD to download to the presentation server, use the internal table in your code that is used in the Outtab of the FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY. Or you want to download to the Application server user OPEN DATASET, TRANSFER and CLOSE DATASET youse the same internal table. The file will be downloaded with full data and not the data which you see in the layout.

0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil, you're getting closer. You are right, I do not want the the ALV output, but I do need the layout. Hence the request. Since, I am loading on to the application server , I am using the DATASET TRANSFER syntax and the problem, is as mentioned, all the data is written into the file.

I am able to read the layout name, I also have a way of reading all the columns and all the data in the columns, it's just that, I want to know, what columns pertain to the layout selected, so that I can pick and chose while I write to the file. I am looking for a function, which can give me the name of the columns when given the report name and the layout name. Can you think of any?

thanks

Reeta

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check this program

BCALV_TEST_LIST_LAYOUT

Check this FM in that program

REUSE_ALV_GRID_LAYOUT_INFO_GET

Try in debugging if you get the column information, make a copy of your internal table into temp itab remove these columns programatically and download into file.

Thanks,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Here is the function LT_DBDATA_READ_FROM_LTDX which will take some basic information as input and will return a table with data indicating the fields which are selected on the output (param = NO_OUT and value = ' ').

Thank you all for your time.

Reeta.