cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding subfolders in InfoView

Former Member
0 Kudos

A user who has Full Control cannot add a subfolder to the folder he has control over. What rights does he need (short of an administrator) if Full Control does not work?

I, as an administrator, added a test folder and could do so, but could not delete it from the Central Management Console. I was told I did not have the rights to do so. There also does not appear to be a way to delete a folder in InfoView once it is created there.

Has anyone experienced this?

Susan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

OK so I just tested this in XIR2 SP4, (other versions may be different)

Go to CMC assign full control to a user or group to the parent folder.

Login to infoview browse to the folder (from above)

select new (from the top menu bar) folder and name it (works for me (non administator)

highlight the folder and click the X (from folders menu bar) to delete, also worked fine.

How is my workflow different from yours.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Went to InfoView to delete the folder I created. I received a message that said:

"Sorry, you do not have the right to 'Delete objects' (id-22) for 'Test' (id -6675). Please contact your system or permissions administrator if you require this right."

I am using SP2.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It's possible this is a bug but that error is pretty clear, if you attempt to delete a folder you do not have full control over then you receive that message. If I run across an old SP2 system I'll see if it's a bug. It certainly works fine in SP4

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the permissions for the administrator. (They were default settings.) The "delete objects" selection was "denied." Fixed that. But it does not solve the problem for the user with Full Control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the overall rights the user has on that folder? Could it be that the user is a member of another group which has an explicitly denied on 'Add objects to this folder" right?

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing that you wanna check is the Application rights on InfoView for EveryOne group. Please make sure that 'Create folders' is enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. The Everyone group did have create folders. But, it made me look and I saw that the AD group was not added to that application. So, I will have the user now test it. I am sure that is the problem, though. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please update us if you find out that this resolved the issue.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding the AD group to the application and making sure "create folders" was allowed worked. The user can now create folders.

Thank you all!