Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time collision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody!

I want to configure this:

- I have a holiday leave entered between 10-20 of April

- I have to enter a Sick Leave between 18-20 of April.

In standard, the system delimits the first record and creates the new one. Can I extend automatically the first record with the number of days delimited.

In this case:

1. Holiday Leave 10-17

2. Sick Leave 18-20

3. Holiday Leave 21-23 (created automatically because 3 days were intrerupted)

Thanks and regards,

Rares

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rares,

It is usually not a common requirement where somebody applies for a leave and would like to extend just because of converting part of the leaves in a new category, I didn't see something relevant in normal configuration, however if it is must, you can ask ABAPers, who can compare the date collisions and add number of days...

Best wishes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As everyone said it is unusal, Yes we can do it by coding or with the help of PCRs.

Ii belive it is not best practice, better not to make it automated.

You just thinking about one senario most of the cases when one leave is interupted that leave can't be continued as per best practices.

Most of the tiem employees won't want to continue the leave, that case you can't avoid it , if you automated like this.

Since this is rare case we can covience the client saying that it is not best practice.

Regadrs

adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses! Unfortunatly, the client wants this because it's sort of a stupid legal requirement so I guess that I will have to do it using ABAP.

Best regards,

Rares

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems complicated. What if you have already other data entries in the extension period? (attendances, absences) what if it is stat holiday?.... You must check all cases before allowing some abap to contract human

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what if an employee don't want to add the absence after the illness?

you shouldn't have that much employees that are in holidays and fall ill.

So may be the easier way in to create the absence manually.

It seems that you have to many specefic cases to do it by ABAP.

Regards