cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Mark Icon is not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an Adhoc query created by the end user.The book mark icon available is not working but the CONTEXT MENU on any of the values is producing the book mark properly.Can just any one help me to find the solution of this?

Why BOOK MARK ICON is not working?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Book mark is URL we are getting after the clcking on the EIther on the ICON or context menu option.This URL can be used any where where ever is required.Right?

But In my case the URL Content is chainging based on the Adhoc query designer.Only characterstics are again and again changing but key figures are original only.

please help me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In context to the BEx query, Bookmark may vary system to system as it may contain port # ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please explain it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

whenever we try to publish any query over web the we have two ways to do that:

1. Information Broadcasting where a URL (an HTML page) will be generated at execution. For this we need to have access over WAS (Web Accessibility server) through which URLs can be accessed. The URL carries a port number with is based on partner profile set up by BASIS team for the concerned SAP server.

So its not like one who saved a URL as a bookmark in one system will work on another system due to different port numbers

2. Publish via portal : I think this is not yr case

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

U mean to say the Book Mark URL created on one system will not work on another system right?

But what once I execute the query in portal I will be getting an URL.This also can be used as Book mark right?

but the URL generated with the function of the BOOK MARK is only called as Book mark why is it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

U mean to say the Book Mark URL created on one system will not work on another system right?

=>the Book Mark URL created on one system may not work on another system right? in fact in 80% cases it works...

But what once I execute the query in portal I will be getting an URL.This also can be used as Book mark right?

=>yes, it can be used,,,

but the URL generated with the function of the BOOK MARK is only called as Book mark why is it?

=> let me explain this with an example ... there is a BW server physically located in France and can be accessible across all the location wherever project is running. Somebody try to access the Query URL from Gurgaon (one of the project location)which was executed in France may not be run in Gurgaon (Page cant be displayed) because port # in the URL may be blocked in Gurgaon due to security reason,,, this case we have to contact the admin ,they will enable the port..same case i have faced

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But here Book mark ICON is not giving the URL containing Book_mark as in the HTML text.But when I try to create with the CONTEXT menu option I am getting that word.Why is this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what u r getting when try to create with the CONTEXT menu option ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In context menu option I am getting a proper Book mark URL in next window.But with the Book mark I am not getting any Book mark Icon in next window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help me to understand

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess yr problem is having an indirect link to the concept what I explained,,,Context menu is the OS (Windos) property whereas Bookmark option what you are finding for BEx query is a BEx property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

But when I click on the BOOK MARK Icon the URL is not opening in another window showing as the BOOK MARK.

Hope I am clear.If not please let me know so that I can be more in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please take a look at it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add to the above points I am workinn on the portal 7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry The portal version is 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take a look at it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this.