Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity field should be shown as blank bydefault in oops alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using quantity reference field in the oops alv, as per requirement user suppose enter the quantities in the ALV and it will be updated in the custom table.

But by default that field was displaying initial values like '0.000' which should not be displayed. It should be displayed as blank field as char field.

Can any one suggest me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasri,

Set the value NO_ZERO to 'X' of that particular field in Field catalog.

Check this doc for further reference...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e8a1d690-0201-0010-b7ad-d9719a41...

Hope this would work and solve your issue...

Good luck

Narin

3 REPLIES 3

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasri,

Set the value NO_ZERO to 'X' of that particular field in Field catalog.

Check this doc for further reference...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e8a1d690-0201-0010-b7ad-d9719a41...

Hope this would work and solve your issue...

Good luck

Narin

0 Kudos

Hi Narin,

Thanks for sharing excellent information. My problem was solved but not completely. As i told you its quantity field, not we made it as blank. Now i am facing 2 issues.

1) Still it is allowing me to type alphabets also, ofcource when i hit enter it was throwing an error. [its manageable].

2) When i enter 3 in that, it should be converted '3.000', but instead of this it was displaying as '0.003'. I hope some where i need to give the reference field. I found that QUANTITY in the field catlog, but not sure what needs to be given. Could you please look in to this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In Quantity field catalog check and work on the option DECIMALS_O ...

or

Try making that field type as 'P' and decimals '2' or '3' base on your requirement..

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

Narin

Edited by: Narin Nandivada on Sep 9, 2008 5:12 PM