cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding forecasting models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Could you please let me know what are the measures we have to take, so that all three models( constant, trend , seasonal) would be considered at the time of forecasting

thanx in advance

raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

How do you want to run the models? That answers all your questions.

Usually depending on business requirement, you execute these models in a sequence for part of the data or all.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are using univariate forecast model selection.You can select forecasting strategy as 56 (Forecast with Automatic Model Selection).By selecting this system automatically select correct forecast stretagy & calulate according to that.

Let me know this answer your question & assign forum points.

Thanks .....Sanjay Karkun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can select model :56 Model selection procedure 2 in your master forecasting profile .

In this model program will analyse your historical data and pick model accordingly.

some other combination of 2 exist like 40:

Forecast with seasonal trend models (strategy 41).

Please check in tcode;/SAPAPO/MC96B.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can choose strategy 56 Auto model ( Procedure 1 or Procedure 2 ) and give alpha,beta and gamma values to consider all three models.System will consider all three but finally choose the one

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/a5/63205943a211d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Thukral

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can include these 3 models in the forecast master profile..however you can only run only one model at a time for a set of data. If you want to have all the three models' results at a time, then you need to create 3 different profiles with three different forecast key figures