Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

note: 358122

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was looking thru a couple of notes and i was stuck with a certain statement which I could not comprehend. Would you share some light on this?

=============================================

Note: 358122

Since 4.6C, if a check indicator does not exist, a check indicator with the value "Not maintained" is entered in table TCDCOUPLES via a trace function in SAP systems (transport/systemtype = SAP) and in customer systems when the authorization trace is switched on (auth/authorization_trace = Y) when running ABAP statement CALL TRANSACTION.

Only when the check indicator (TCDCOUPLES-OKFLAG) is set to "check" does the system check through the kernel for CALL TRANSACTION.

=============================================

From what I understand, CALL TRANSACTION does not check for S_Tcode for the called transaction. When the field OKFLAG in the table TCDCOUPLES is set tp "Check" then the system would explicitly check for the called transaction in S_TCODE.

Is that correct?

ravi

2 REPLIES 2

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is true only for Trace Functionality and not for S_TCODE check.

Here are the pieces of the statment put together

Since 4.6C, if a check indicator does not exist, a check indicator with the value "Not maintained" is entered in customer systems when the authorization trace is switched on (auth/authorization_trace = Y) when running ABAP statement CALL TRANSACTION.

So inorder to show up in the Trace the OKFLAG should be checked.

AB

0 Kudos

Note that when speaking of "the trace" here, this (auth/authorization_trace = Y) is more than just an ST01 trace.

It is also used to populate certain tables when developing applications so that check indicators can be loaded from this more detailed "trace information". Mostly, this is intended for SAP to use (systems who's transport type = SAP) but it can be activated in custom developments as well when these are complex enough to warrant it.

So yes, you could use it (the trace = auth/authorization_trace = Y) to populate SE97 with an OKFLAG if you want, but what happens if you don't want it to be OK (i.e. the tcode should be checked = NOT OK, unless authorized). You might also experience that your table TCDCOUPLES is growing and growing and growing.....

Cheers,

Julius