cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Error -clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the timing of transaction in R/3 cause a CIF error? From R/3 4.7 we CIF over the master data( materials and Plants) to SCM 5.0 for Dmenad Planning purposes. However I notice some CIF errors and double clicking on the SYSFAIL gives me the R/3 sales order number. When I check back in R/3 it seems that the GI time in R/3 is the same as the CIF job time. Can someone please elaborate?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timing of Transaction in R/3 can cause CIF error...especially when you are CIFing the master data parallel.

Transaction data will be blocked in queue blocks when dependant objects have not been CIFed for example you have Sales Order queue block because Customer have not been CIFed over to APO as Customer Location...

Just Make sure Master Data Intial and Change data run precedes Trasaction Data Intial and Change transfer.

CIF job time may be same as Transaction time because of real time data transfer between R/3 and APO,if set up for period then they can be different.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please eloborate us about the error message? If possible please check SLG1 with object name CIF to get the detailed error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message gives me the Sales order number in R/3 saying that account/object does is blocked.

The timing of this error coincides with the GI in R/3 against that Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please select the failed queue and activate it and check if it goes through.attimes failed queues goes through after reactivating them

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot do that now since they ahve been deleted. However my intenet was to find out if there is a connection between the timing of the R/3 Gi and the running of the CIF job. That does not seem to answered .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any connection between GI time in R/3 and the CIF run time. Both are independent of each other

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

Whenever you do GI for the material , if material is APO relevant it will update the stock in APO. ( transaction data )

If there is some issue with the master data setting for that material it will sit in CIF queue and will not move to APO.

Please check transaction code CFG1 in R/3 for more detail of error and also run /SAPAPO/CCR to bring both the system in sync.

Let me know if you have any question.

thanks,

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Sep 8, 2008 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is only the material master data that is being CIF'ed over- not stock. The CIF error time is the same as the GI in R/3 for that order. So does this explain why there is an error in the CIF?

Right now I cannot check CFG1 since the errors have been deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That might be a coincidence. If the GI time is 2 days the CIF runtime cannot be for 2 days. So please monitor the queues if in case you face the same issue(I am eager to know...probably unlikely)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sarita ,

You IM for stock/ saled order might be active , which will transfer transaction data immediately.

You can see through tcode CFM5 wheather you material is active or not in sales order /Stock IM.

if you have deleted queue block but still you can see error in CFG1 and let us know details.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Sep 8, 2008 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will have to check for failures later this week and get back to all you folks- right now all the logs are deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Via CFG1 I can only see the errros for Inbound -From SCM to R/3. My issue is that the master data CIF- R/3 to SCM is failing and CFG1 does not give me any logs.

Am I missing something here? Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For APO side please check /SAPAPO/C3 transaction for error logs or you can even check in SLG1 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I check SAPAPO?C3, it gives me a failed log with the message "ACCOUNT assignment object does not exist for XXXXXXXXXX". The XXXXXX is the sales order number in R/3. When I check back in R/3 the order is complete. Coincidentally the error log in APO has the same time as the GI posting was done inR/3.

I am not sure what the connection is since we only CIF over material masters and that job runs only one a day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reg the Acct Assignment error..please go to VA03, enter the SO and double click on the item which is mentioned in the error and check the account assignment tab..please check if it is maintained ...regarding the GI posting time..when GI is done it is immediately updated in APO so there is some problem with the SO during CIfing..so you are seeing the GIposting time and CIF error time as same..so please check the Acct assignment for the SO..you can also check in MM03 for that SO item under Sales Org view 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarita,

Please check weather sales order exist in APO or not ?

you can use tcode :RRP2 or RRP3 in APO.

if i didn't exit than first transfer the sales order to APO CIF.

than do the GI posting for Sales order .

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find out the reason for the CIF job failure in R/3 and got that working. I still have to research the reason for the Sales orders casuing the problem