cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time-out dashboard and performance manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, how do i change the time - out of the dashboard and performance Manager? by default because it is configured with 20 min, and we time is greater than.

thank's

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

to resolve the problem of timeout in performance Manager in Bo XI R3 is necessary to web.XML located in:

<patch folder install>\Tomcat55\webapps\PerformanceManagement\WEB-INF

locate the following snippet

<session-config> <session-timeout>20</session-timeout> <!-- 20 minutes is session objects -- >

</session-config>

change the value for the time you want.

I hope that help to the next thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gzofera,

Synopsis

In BusinessObjects Enterprise XI, the default session timeout for licenses is set to 20 minutes in the Java Central Management Console (CMC) and InfoView.

How can you change the default session timeout value for licenses?

Solution

To change the default session timeout value for licenses for the CMC and InfoView, use the following steps:

CMC

-

To change the default session timeout for the CMC:

1. Verify the following:

u2022 The Java SDK is installed and is in the path. You need to be able to execute the 'jar' command

from the command prompt.

u2022 You have access to the webcompadapter.war file from the Enterprise XI installation.

2. Stop the Java Application Server (JAS) on which the webcompadapter.war is deployed and navigate to the

location of the webcompadapter.war file. The default location for this file is in the Enterprise XI installation

directory:

Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise11\java\applications

3. From the directory from where the webcompadapter.war file is deployed, use the following command to extract

the WEB-INF/web.xml file:

jar -xvf webcompadapter.war WEB-INF/web.xml

==============

NOTES:

u2022 You need JDK 1.4 version or higher to use u2013u switch. Type "java u2013version" at the command prompt to confirm

your JDK version.

u2022 You can also use Winzip to zip the file at the command prompt by typing:

zip -u webcompadapter.war WEB-INF/weblogic.xml

==============

4. Open web.xml in a text editor like Notepad and search for the following section:

<session-config>

<session-timeout>20</session-timeout>

</session-config>

5. Change the value between <session-timeout> to the number of minutes for the session to timeout. Save web.xml.

6. Navigate back to the webcompadapter.war directory and update the webcompadapter.war file with the modified

web.xml file. Use the following command:

jar -uvf webcompadapter.war WEB-INF/web.xml

7. Restart the JAS and redeploy webcompadapter.war for the update to be effective.

Upon completing these steps, the default session timeout value in the CMC is updated.

InfoView

-

To change the default session timeout for InfoView:

1. Verify the following:

u2022 The Java SDK is installed and is in the path. You need to be able to execute the 'jar' command

from the command prompt.

u2022 You have access to the desktop.war file from the Enterprise XI installation.

2. Stop the Java Application Server (JAS) on which the desktop.war is deployed and navigate to the location of the

desktop.war file. The default location for this file is in the Enterprise XI installation directory:

Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise11\java\applications

3. From the directory from where the desktop.war file is deployed, use the following command to

extract the web.xml file:

jar -xvf desktop.war WEB-INF/web.xml

4. Open web.xml in a text editor like Notepad and search for the following section:

<session-config>

<session-timeout>20</session-timeout>

</session-config>

5. Change the value between <session-timeout> to the number of minutes for the session to timeout. Save web.xml.

6. Navigate back to the desktop.war directory and update the desktop.war file with the modified web.xml file. Use

the following command:

jar -uvf desktop.war WEB-INF/web.xml

7. Restart the JAS and redeploy desktop.war for the update to be effective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK friend, thank you for your answer. I was with more questions.

1) With the above methods do i change the time - out of the CMC and InfoView. The dashboard and performance Manager will also be changed?

2) The time of Web intelligence is controlled by the Server Web intelligence. The dashoard and performance Manager in versao Bo XI R3 is controlled by tbem an XML file?

thank's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how to answer your next questions, but I changed these on a R2 installation and it worked.

Regards

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK friend, thank you very much, i think i will be able to resolve.

You i indicated the path now is with me. If i can put to the answer here

thanks