cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule Result not returned back to Workflow container

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a workflow where the approver for a Process is Manager of any Orgunit .

Now the manager is determined using a Rule with Category u201CFunction To be executedu201D .

The Business requirement is so that If the immediate manager for any Orgunit is not maintained it will traverse through the entire Org structure unless the Manager is determined. So the Level of the First approver could be of any value starting from 01.

We also have Deadline monitoring active .

Incase the first approver doesnu2019t act within 7 days the Work item should go to the next level Manager ( second approver ).

The level of the second approver depends on the level of the First approver .

Example : If the level of the First approver is 3 then the level of the second approver would be 4 or more.

: If the level of the First approver is 2 then the level of the second approver would be 3 or more.

Hence to achieve the Level dynamically we need to pass the Level of the first approver from the Rule to the Workflow so that it can be used for determining the next level manager in the next task.

In the Function Module which determines the first approver I have got the Value for the Level .

I also have assigned that value to the Rule Container (_WI_RESULT , this is the only parameter which can be used for the Export ) using the Macro SWC_SET_ELEMENT .

I also have done the binding from the Rule to the Workflow. But the value is not populated in the Workflow container .

Could any one please help me on solving this ?? Any other idea to achieve this is functionality is welcome too.

Regards,

Raka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you use a Method that will read your rule and find the agents and store it in a container element and use this element as an agent assignment as expression. In the method use FM RH_GET_ACTORS to retrieve the agent from the rule. After that you can use this expression to determine the next level of escalation.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arghadip,

First of all thanks for the reply .

We alreday have some logic like this in place .

But we want to imporve the system performance .

We get the agent in one task from the Rule .

Now again if we try to get the same agent in a method ,won't it be doing the same task twice.

So we are trying to return the manager Counter value from the Rule container itself to the Workflow container so that it can be used to get the escalation manager.

Regards,

Raka

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This value will be populated only when the activity gets executed. Therefore you better use the same rule logic in determining the next escalated approver.

Regards, IA