Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Related to Services

former_member660849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have Generator which is my Asset want send it for services.How do you handle this scenario , after some days i want sell it.

BR

govindaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

deiva
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

You can map this scenario by service purchase & standard sales process:

1.Create the Service Purchase order with item category D.

2.Do the MB1C with 502 mvt type to send the material to vendor for services.

3.Do the GR for service PO.

4.DO the MB1C with 501 Mvt type to get back the same material - asset from service vendor.

6.Do the LIV for Service PO.

After receiving the serviced generator, do the normal sales process to sell the goods to customer.

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process Flow: -

You can do this via Subcontracting Process Cycle if you want to track the stock of material.

1. MM01 - Create Material Master for Generator to be sent to Vendor for Repair as Non-Valuated (Material Type UNBW ) (Do not extend Accounting and Costing views since you don't require postings of Stock value and consumption values, you only want to track the Service/Repair Charges)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Others (Receive 1 quantity of Generator using Movement Type 501 / 511)

3. ME21N - Create Subcontracting PO with Item Category L (Here Main Material and Component will be same as Generator)

4. MB1B - Transfer Posting w.r.t. Subcon PO (Mvmt Type - 541, Generator stock will get posted to Vendor Stock)

5. MB90 - Take Print out of this Material Doc as Returnable Gate Pass (You need to configure Message Determination of Inventory Mgmt)

6. MIGO - GR against Subcon PO (101 - Receive Spare Part, 543 O - Consumption of Spare Part form Vendor Stock)

7. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Subcon PO

Else if you don't want to track the material stock then follow the Service Process Cycle

1. ME21N - Create Service PO (With Item Category D and Account Assignment Category A i.e. Asset and Specify the Asset Code of Generator )

2. ML81N - Create Service Entry Sheet w.r.t. Service PO

3. MIRO - LIV for Service Charges w.r.t. Service PO or Service Entry Sheet

For Service Process, refer following link;

[SAP External Service Management|http://www.sap123.com/showthread.php?t=52]

former_member660849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj Singh,

Your solutions is 100% right in case of if i'm not selling the Generator .If i want sell it should be valuated material right.Please tell me how to handle this.

BR

Govindaraj.d

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not necessary that it should be valuated. If it is non-valuated then Accounting Entry at the time of PGI will not happen i.e. Stock A/c - Cr and COGS - Dr. And it is not required.

And as far as Revenue from Sales of Asset is concerned, it come from the Pricing Procedure. In Sales Order, if you maintain the Sales value of Generator as 100000 INR then it will get copied to Billing Document and generate A/c entry as following;

Customer A/c - Dr

Sales Revenue A/c - Cr

former_member660849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj Singh,

As you said, i did but in sales order its asking me to enter the Distribution channel and sales organization which we can't maintained for a UNBW material type.

Can't we do the above scenario for Valuated Material

BR

govindaraj.d