cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow start using triggering events

0 Kudos

Hi Workflow Experts,

In SWEC (Event for change document) where can i create change document object. How can i know which one is the standard workflow (created by SAP) where can i see those workflows.

In SWEC i have assign a event if any changes is made in change document then system will raise an event. Once system raise an event in SWEC automatically workflow should start and send a mail to customer. How can i configure those event in SWDD. (Workflow builder) how can i design this kind of workflows.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, you cannot see the workflow from SWEC coz you will link with Business object but not Workflow...

So see the where used list of the Business object and the workflow number in general does not start with 9 series is standard one......also check the package of Workflow if it is not with 'Z' or 'Y' then it is standard one.

So do you need step by step procedure for triggering workflow when event got triggered ?

IF so check the steps...

1) In START EVENTS TAB  of HEADER DATA (HAT ICON) of WORKFLOW (SWDD) specify the  
    Business object and metion the event by which the workflow has to be triggered.

2) Acivate the binding which is there beside the Business object in start events itself

3) Specify a Mail step and write some message..

4) Activate the workflow

5) Switch on the event trace from SWELS tcode

6) Execute the Tcode which triggers the change document object or by another process 
    which triggers the change document object.

7) Switch off the event trace using SWELS

8) Check the Event trace using SWEL

9) Find your WORKFLOW in the RECIEVER column of the Event trace in the line of Business object..

Please revert back for any queries..

This would solve your issue...

Good luck

Narin

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Narin...

I have a small doubt in step by step procedure for triggering workflow in First point Where can i find start event tab. I am not able find in Graphical model. There i can find only event creator.

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh.

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SWDD tcode there is HAT ICON ( Header Data of Workflow) near the activate button...

if you click that you would find the START EVENTS tab..

Let me know whether my solutions helped you and solved.... or whether you are facing any difficulties still..

Good luck

Narin

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Has my procedure Helped you...?

IF not let me know about it.

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create CHANGE Document Object Using T Code SCDO.

Refer to the Link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/c5/e4af16453d11d189430000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Sumit Agarwal