Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

country name in ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i want to dispaly the customer formated address using ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM. in VD03 (genral data-address) transaction the customer addres is printing including country name ( ex: sweden, germany)

but in FM iam passing the varibles , address number, address type , no of lines and the sendar country is (LAND1). but the FM is not displaying the country..

please how to display the complete address (including country) as same like VD03

thanks

vasavi

5 REPLIES 5

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't pass the Sendering Coutry. Leave it blank and try.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Hi nagesh

thanks for reply . i tried without passing country then also its not showing the country name.

if custmoer belongs germony.....if i pass the sendar country name is 'DE' germany , the FM output willl not show the country name , if i pass sendor country name is 'US' then it show the compelte address incuding coutry name..

but how can i sure that the sendor counrty is 'US' , if i chek the ADRC table the value of filed LAND1 is 'DE' for germany.

note: i want the structre of formated address same like in VD03.

please help me

thanks

vasavi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of FM, you fetch the data from KNA1, ADRC and T005 tables.

Select ADRNR from KNA1,

With ADRNR get other details of address from ADRC table, and also COUNTRY value.

With COUNTRY value get the country description from T005 Table , LANDX value.

Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The FM uses postal regulations for printing the country. So it won't print the country if the from and to countries are the same.

i.e. if the address is in Canada and the send from is Canada, don't bother printing the country.

The EU has it's own little quirk of printing the country as a single character before the postal code when mailing another EU country.

i.e. Sending from Germany to France you'll see F-##### instead of France

Oh, and the country is in the language of the sending country unless you set it otherwise (If I'm sending from Canada to China, Canada Post needs to be able to read CHINA to know what international bin to toss it into).

VD03 doesn't know the sender country so it always shows the country.

Thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos

Very good answer Michael,

I had the same issue as Vasavi, but I removed the optional parameter sending country,  it worked.

But thanks to Michael's background information, I could also explain the behavior,

thank you both!