cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use AM module to post pre-paid expense asset amortization (Straight Line)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to this area and please explain in detail what I'm supposed to do for this requirement.

The requirement: Use AM module to post pre-paid expense asset amortization (Straight Line amortization)

The implementation of this capability will allow Property Accounting to enter prepaid expenses into the FA subledger and have SAP automatically post monthly straight line amortizations as part of the month-end process. The idea is to configure a new asset class for "prepaid Leasing Commission" assets that will have the following GL accounts.

GL Account: 159001000

Cost Center: 159001000

Profit Center: SN09120001

Non-Reconcilition Account: 159002000

Expense Account: 890304000

What I have done so far:

I have created an asset and have created a Cost center and assigned the profit center to that. I have also created a non-recon account. The question is where do I use the Non-recon account and the expense account and have the SAP post it automatically? Will be helpful if you can provide the steps I should be following and the tcodes for this. Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would recommend that you go through the IMG of Fixed Asset Accounting and complete the FI-AA configuration.

You store the accounts to be used in postings in the node "Integration with General Ledger".

Requirements to use cost center as accounting object are documented in the SAP Help Portal as well as in note 684659.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (0)