Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO in Foreign Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the following issue and I would like to hear your opinion on it:

The procurement department has agreements with local suppliers to place orders only in EUR. At the time of GR, they also receive a delivery note with the total amount to be paid, but in RON (local currency) and the amount differes from the one on the PO. The invoice is also in RON and is has the same value with the delivery note.

When posting GR, the system only takes into consideration the value in EUR on the PO and it multiplies it with the exchange rate at the day of GR, so that causes incorrect postings in FI.

Please let me know if there is a way for inputing the value of the goods manually at the GR or if there is another solution for solving this.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currency conversion happens from TCURR Table whihc is getting updated regularly from external system. To avoid this problem, create a PO with Exchange range fixed at header level. While doing GR system will consider POs document date exchange rate where as while doing Invoice it will consider value from TCURR table and price difference will go to difference

account.

This should solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oana-

I have not implemented this solution practically, but conceptually it might be worth trying out.

Do the following

1. For the vendors you have agreement to use multiple currecies create a vendor account group

2. For that vendor group define schemas and make PI mandatory which means they will be the invoicing parties

3. In the screen layout for vendors, make the vendor subrange manatory

4. Whenever you want to use a different currency use the vendor sub-reange functionality

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PO Header,in Delivery/Invoice tab tick the check box Exch.Rate Fixed and save the PO.

So when you make GR and IR,the particular exchange rate value will be considered in which the PO is made.

This will solve ur problem of rate difference while doing GR and MIRO.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot set fixed Exchange rate, as the exchange rate at the R differs from the one in the PO - I have already written that in the thread, so please read the question before you try to give an answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating the PO Check ( tick ) the Exchange rate fixed, while posting GR it will consider the rate of PO.

But during the Payment of vendor, it will check for the exchange rate on that day. Difference will be posted based on the availability of stock.