cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM 3.0 LAPTOP: Runtime Error "Access Denied"

0 Kudos

Hi Community!

We are using the MAM 3.0 SR05 Laptop Version.

In MAM application you have on top of page a menubar to choose between Home, OrderManagement, ... and Others. When i click on the Menu-Item "Others" a runtime error occurs.

The error says: "Line: 0 - Access Denied"

The same error occurs when I want to use a value from a drop-down listbox.

If I start the MAM application in InternetExplorer I didn't get this errors.

What can we do?

Thanks for help!

best regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

This is a known problem with MAM30 and the solution to this is to deploy the Localhost_Addon available in SAP Note 1125800.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

just a question to your post: if it would be the LOCALHOST plugin, then I thought he should even not be able to see the MI Home page. But he can use the MAM stadard app and just has this problem with his modified app and the rest of MI works fine. Could this then still be the localhost plugin?

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar!

Thanks for your answer! The SAP Note 1125800 solved my problem!

Thanks community for your help!

best regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Great to know that your problem is resolved.

@Oliver: Responding to your query - The problem in this case is not with modified app but with certain links and drop downs within standard MAM that doesn't work properly due to heavy usage of JavaScript. As you would know JavaScripts are very sensitive to either localhost or 127.0.0.1 which sometimes results in the above error. The standard MI uses very little JavaScript and so does the launching of MAM app and hence the above error would not occur for the framework. Its within the app where JavaScripts are used heavily and so the above error. Hope this is a bit clear now.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you say, you start the App in IE and you do not get this error? So I think you try it inside the MI window first?

Well, culd it be you have another standard browser installed on the system instead if IE? Can you change the standard browser back to IE in that case and try it again?

Well, it seems the JavaScript coding does not work and because JavaScript is different on different browsers that is the reason for my question.

What System are you on and what was the latest update you have installed?

Regads,

Oliver

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

Are you checking the laptop version on PDA? If yes then it might be cause for error because PDAs have restricted JavaScript support.

Chintan