Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 03

sankarn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using inspection type 03 with time based inspection points with 1 hour .

My requirement is that system should generate an inspection lot equivalent to production quantity every one hour .

Please let me know if the above setting will create inspection lot every one hour

Thanks and Regards

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sankar

i think the requirement of multiple inpection lot is result recording multiple time. but inspection lot for inprocess check is fullfilled that requirement. when you result record for the characteristics for every hour of that inpection lot and save that inspection characteristics, you can result record again for that inspection characteristics for next hour, which all carried out in same inspection lot.

Regards

Pravin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have a similar sittuation,

We are producing let's say 5 containers of material which is going to be handled in one batch number but i am going to inspect each container.

i guess inspection points are the best way to handle this.

But my question is, inspection points only work with inspection type 03 (which i am not sure?) and it is not stock relevant. So i can record my results with type 03 but i dont have any control to approve or deny the material produced.

So should i record my results in inspection type 03 and activate inspection type 04 too just to be able to block the products? Or is there a better way to handle this sittuation?

Thanks,

Alper,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alper,

I have activated only 03 inspection type and Inspection Points as mentioned by you. Still you can control the accept and reject the Materials produced at inspection level itself.

You would have attached the MICs' with the Routing Operations. That particluar Operation is to be confirmed by QM guys at Inspection level. Wherein you can mention the Yield, Scrap and Rework with Partial/Final Confiormation as required

After this, PP User can not confirm more quantities than the Quanity confirmed by us. System will give messages for this. This can be done by setting the Tolerance limits by PP Consultants.

Hence when they do MB31 only the Quantity that is confirmed by us can be posted. Eventhough 04 is not activated, we have controlled the Quantity at Inspection level.

Experts please correct me wherever necessary

Best Regards

Sam

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

System would not create multiple Inspection lots for Inprocess Inspection. You can look at exploring the option of using Multiple sampling procedure, so that you create multiple sample for the same characteristics.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is what inspection points are for. You can pre-create the necessary inspection points based on production time in the order.

But you can't create multiple inspection lots. Can you explain a bit of your process and why you need inspection lots and can't use inspection points?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i think you don't have that option

ashok

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hy Sankar,

I don't think it is possible.You can generate only one Inpsection Lot(Type 03) for an order,

Regards,

Dhaval

Edited by: Dhaval Choksi on Sep 8, 2008 7:18 PM