cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Rule Collection gone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community

Yes, I know how to access the master display rules of the portal.

(Navigate to System Administration u2013 Portal Display -- Desktops & Display Rules ---Portal Content --- Portal Administrator --- Super Administrator)

But funnily my rules seem to be gone. I can't display them anymore, althought they seem to be working (different themes for different groups) A search with "*" for PCD objects of type Master Rule Collection does not solve my problem. It seems that they are gone. Does anyone have a solution for that rather weird behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Navigate to System Administration u2013 Portal Display -- Desktops & Display Rules. Then select the tab "Search". There are 3 fields (See below).

1) "Search in:": Select "Entire Portal Catalog"

2) "Object Type": Select "Rule Collection"

3) "Search For:": Enter "*"

Above 3 fields have to be select with the mentioned entries.

Click search and you will see 2 results:

1) com.sap.portal.default_rule

2) Master Rule Collection

Double click on the Master Rule Collection and you will see it available for editing.

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thank you. as I mentioned above I KNOW HOW TO RETRIEVE THEM usually.

But it doesn't work. I have 4 Themes, and the assignments of those themes work fine, but I can't access the master rule collection anymore where I determine group a = theme b and so on. There seems to be an error in the portal or a lack of the correct permissions or whatever... and I am trying to figure out how to fix the portal again.

So please do only answer if you experienced the same error. Do not provide the standard way on how to display the master rule collection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Try accessing your portal with this url.

http://<Host Name>:<Host Port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/

pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fevery_user!2fgeneral!2fcom.sap.portal.frameworkpage.

Also, please refer to SAP NOTE : 869690

No offence but Ray was just trying to help you to fix your issue.Not all the guys who post here are aware of certain basics.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

check as mentioned above...GL.