Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message regarding Stock in other Plants

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have come across the following requirement to meet .

When a PR or PO will be raised for one or more than one material if stock is there in the particular Plant or any other Plant in the Company code there should be a warning message that stock (quantity) exist in these Plants .Accordingly the user will think of raising the PR or PO.

Is it possible and if so what is to be done.

Dhruba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will not issue any Warning Message for this but Availability check can be carried out during PR and PO Creation;

Go to SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Requisition > Set up Stock Transport Requisition > Here perform following functions;

- Create Checking Rule

- Define Checking Rule

- Assign Checking Rule

And for PO, Go to SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Purchase Order > Set up Stock Transport Order > Here perform following functions;

- Create Checking Rule

- Define Checking Rule

- Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule

Here generally used Checking Rule is B i.e. SD Delivery

And then in PR and PO, click menu Environment > Availability

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the suggestions .But as I checked accordingly in the system checking rule 01,02,03 is already defined to which I assigned to concerned Plants .This is for Purchase requisition.As I understand this will work in MRP.

But I am not able to get availability check status in the menu Environment-Availability.But on the otherhand I can get the stock overview directly by double clicking on the material code and going to plant stock tab or from the environment menu in the filed "material Stock" in the PR .This can be had without making any availability check conf.

But my requirement is to get a pop up of stock status of each item in the PR or PO.How to achieve it .

Dhruba

Former Member
0 Kudos

do such config that po and pr can be created only through mrp and restrict manual pr or po. this will serve ur purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This needs to customised such as when creating a PR it should check stock either in same plant or any other plant and give a warning message.

Check for any exit for this change.

regards

suresh