cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish BEX EXCEL Report to Network Drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have searched the various posts with similar questions but did not see an existing solution. If I have overlooked, please excuse.

I am currently sending 3 different BEX reports to a set of users each month automatically scheduled using the BEX Broadcaster.

I was asked if I could publish these excel reports to a network drive instead of using email with attachment. I don't know. I saw that you can publish them to a portal but that is not exactly what I need.

Has anyone had to do this previously?

Thanks for any help/guidance.

Lynda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved using another method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynda,

We have a similar situation wherein we have a few BEx reports (Excel based - BEx Analyzer) that we need to schedule to run once a month, save them on a network drive and also automatically send them to a printer.

Could you please elaborate on how you got the saving onto network drive working?

Thanks in advance.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The method is not the way we would like - we would like to have the ability on the BI end BUT we did not.

We have a .NET developer who wrote a RFC to pull the date from several datastores. From there, he brings it into his own SQL tables and reports using their web reporting tool.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Lynda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I too had a similar requirement. I ended up writing a VB.NET Application that used EXCEL - BEX and created the reports to directly be saved into a Network Drive.

One more way I can think of is if your Portal KM is using NT Folders instead of FSDB then any report you Broadcast will be saved on to a Network Drive

Hope this gets you started.

Datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lynda & Dattatraya,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

We are currently looking at saving the reports onto SharePoint (portal) and also broadcast it to a printer.

Sharepoint can be configured with an email ID and once an email (with an attachment) is sent to this ID, SharePoint will create a folder and save the attachment under it.

We are currently in the process of testing it out using Broadcaster (to send emails to the portal and send the report to a printer).

I will get back for alternative methods (as used by you in case Broadcaster does not work the way we need it.

Thanks again.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

of course you can save those templates to a network folder. Just eleminate the data out of your 3 templates and store them. If you set up the flag to automaticly update data, each report will be filled when accessed by the user. (If Bex Analyzer is installed).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am not quite sure what you mean by deleting the data from the templates.

I created the bex queries in the analyzer which have been moved it to production.

At the same time, I published the queries to bex broadcaster where I scheduled them to be sent in excel format and created a distribution list.

Each month, the queries are now sent automatically via excel format to the distribution lists.

I still want the broadcaster to automatically handle this without any intervention. If this is what you mean, can you provide me more information in dealing with "templates".

I appreciate your patience and help.

Lynda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we have any way to publish report through Network Drive,,, FTP is the one way but that is used in different context and moreover we have to FTP the files manually...

in your second interest :Broadcaster can't handle your online reports without any intervention until and unless its designed to do so... For which you have to set Email Broadcasting settings:

Have to create dynamic variables and write code for that