cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

improve performance web intellignce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning, i have many users Web intelligence, how do i reduce the processing load my Server's webi? which servers have to duplicate?

atten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atten,

Sizing can be quite complex. This is usually going far beyond forum support. However there are a few things simple things you can try.

Assuming you use Webintelligence reports.

One CPU can handle usually 25-40 simultanious connections. In addition you can have one service per CPU. That means on a 2 processor maschine you should add a 2nd webintelligence report server in order to increase the number of simultaneius connections.

In addition you could consider splitting your users in 2 groups.

One group (Power users) which have the rights to run/refresh reports on demand and a second group which cannot run reports on demand but access scheduled instances instead. The reports for the 2nd group could be scheduled e.g. every night.

That would lower the processing load on your webi report servers.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK friend, thank you for return i have two more questions

1) can i increase the number of connections simultaneas of webi, by default comes with 50, are advised to leave? which the limit?

2) When i create another Server webi, i have to create more some other Server to have a good performance? need to duplicate or some other?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I would leave the default settings. 50 is a good value and actually more the a service could handle. The limitation is actually that you can have max. around 40 connections per webi report server.

2. This is depending on the reports you use. Do you use only webintelligence reports or do you use Crystal or deski reports as well?

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i use only webintelligence reports.

you only the Server Web intelligence?

If i have 5 servers Web intelligence, would have to duplicate any other Server?

Answers (0)