Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the field label of a standard data element

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a ZTABLE and used a standard data element BEN_DEFERR as a Flag field. Also, I have used table maintenance generator so that this ZTABLE can be maintained using SM30.

In SM30, the label (the colum head) this flag field (with data element ben_deferr) comes up as "QP" --> this "QP" stands for "Qualified Plan" which is nothing but the field labels for this data element.

Question: I would like to modify this label "QP" to my own description cuch as "Flag Required Plans" . Can this be done without creating a custom data element ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

Check this once:

Regards,

Chandra Sekhar

4 REPLIES 4

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

yes it can be done, you'll need access key for that (you will get through OSS). But it is strongly not advised to change standard SAP objects (simply: if you change the description of the standard data element, the new desciption will be displayed eveywhere, where SAP uses this data element), so better to copy the data element to a Z... one and use that in your Z... table.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

Check this once:

Regards,

Chandra Sekhar

former_member451655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ,

you can change the Data Element Display text up to 15 Char.

go to T code CMOD ---> Goto --> Text Enhancements >Keywords->Change --> Give the Data Element as "BEN_DEFERR"

Hope this is what you want to Do ,

Thx

Dilum

0 Kudos

@Dilum Alawatte Is it okay to change the field label of a standad table following this? Won't it pose any problem when moving changes to the quality?