cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS:Specification Material Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to assign a material to any specification of waste code (EHS-Waste Management)?

I am getting an error massage " You cannot assign materials to specification type Waste code."

Thanks,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sameer

hope u remember me

i am mandar sathe, working with satyam, where ur ex colleague nitin pandey is working

answer to ur query

waste is created as a material

also waste is created as a specification with type REAL_SUB

and this is the specification where material is assigned

now to this waste (Real _SUB) waste code (specifciation of type Waste code) is assigned and to this waste code - waste catalog is assigned (EWC)

if u hav problem in assigning a material to a specification of type REAL_SUb then plz check following configuartion

specify specification type --> then select REAL_SUB and press on details (magnifier icon) and check whether Mat. Assignment check box is checked or not, if not checked then check it and try to assign a material to a specification

hope i resolved ur query

best of luck

thanks and regards

mandar sathe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

How are you? Well, I have heared a lot about you from Nitin, but didn't got a chance to meet you in Pune.

Well, thanks for the answer. Further, please let me know where to assign the specification of the waste code in Real_Sub specification (Waste)? Its in the material assingment itself (where we assign the waste material created thru MM01) or somewhere else?

Regards,

Sameer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

The scenario is :

Create a Specification and assign it to the material(waste);

Under the Property tree, choose the value assignment "waste code"(under class "waste") and input the waste catalog and waste code you created; this completes the correct loop for the waste.

Perry is right............. you need to assign the waste material to the specification not to the waste code. Since you are entering the waste code and catalog in the property tree, the loop forms for material, substance, waste code and waste catalog.

Regards,

Srinivas Nookireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Per the standard IMG documentation, "You can assign materials to a specification of the specification category Substance in specification management." In other words, SAP only allows material assignments to Substances. Waste Management configuration allows you to identify waste-relevant material types, but not to make individual material/waste specification links.

Someone else may have gone farther down this path. The only possibilities I can offer are to create a "Waste" specification as a Substance type (which is redundant extra work) or to see if another post has a better answer for you.

Beth Perry