cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displayed values in input help restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if there is a solution to the following problem I'm facing. Here is the scenario:

I've created a BW report which is going to be run by the company's customers through the enterprise portal. In this report I restrict the 0SOLD_TO attribute to display the data only for the relevant customer codes each one has. The 0SOLD_TO attribute is included as a free characteristic.

When the user presses the filter button and then chooses edit on this characteristic, the system displays all the customer codes included in the infocube. This is what we want to avoid.

Is there a way to restrict the values displayed in an input help screen?

Points available for usefull answers.

Regards,

Panos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should create a variable of type authorization value. This will be placed in the filter area of the query. Now you just need to limit the authorization on 0SOLD_TO these accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus,

your suggestion worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess it will happen in all the cases that every time OLAP server will suggest you all the possible values of the given characteristics..

one way to avoid it is in BEx query, right click on 0SOLD_TO and pick some attribute ...save and execute...this might solve your problem

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Panos,

for each infoobject you can set which values to use for query filtering.

You do so in the infoobject definition in RSA1 on the tab "business Explorer".

Try what happens if you select here to read the booked data during query navigation.

i am not sure if this will work also for the navigation attribut but it´s worth a try.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

thanks for the quick reply.

Can you specify which field do you mean? I see a field labeled "Filter value repr. at query execution". Do you mean this one because I can't see any value similar to "Booked data".

This field now has the value of "Selector box without value".