Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StockTakings Object - WhsCode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

Experts:

I am working with the StockTackings object on this fine day. Seems pretty straight forward. However, I am at odds with what value to use for the WhsCode. In my database here, the OITW table has multiple lines for the same ItemCode since there is more than one WhsCode per ItemCode.

Perhaps I need to use the OITM.DfltWH. Can anyone affirm from experience which Whs I should be using?

Thanks for the help,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AdKerremans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

If you count, you count by warehouse, so you should use the warehouse you count.

Regards

Ad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ad,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean by counting. Can you explain?

Thanks,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ed,

from help: StockTaking is a business object that is used to take items from a warehouse, or to put items into a warehouse. Mandatory fields in SAP Business One: ItemCode and WarehouseCode.

So, if you want to create new entry, you must specify itemcode and warehouse. The result will be on specified warehouse. I think that you know, on which warehouse you want deduct or increase the quantity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petr:

Ok, I understand now. Since I am not receiving the Whse on the incoming file, I do not know where to apply the quantities. Makes sense...I will revisit with the file provider.

Appreciate the help,

Ed