cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need and effect of Updation and extraction of RG1 register

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends...

Can anyone tell me , whats the need of updating and extracting of RG1, register.?

Does updation and extraction makes any impact at the time of running utilization. ?

Do we extract RG23A and RG23C,? whats the normal time interval, between two extraction.

siddharth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I close this tread because the last action was before two months

Former Member
0 Kudos

RG1 Updation:

This activity is required to submit the RG1 report to excise department on weekly or monthly basis about receipts and issues of excisable material.

RG1 Extraction:

This activity is required to print the register for certain periods. And also in sometime, system will not carryforward the balances to the next month and in those situation we need to extract the register, example as below -

31.07.2008, my closing balance is 10000

but when you see the opening balance without extraction in the period of 01.08.2008, system will not carryforward the balances to the next immediate month unless register is extracted. So, in that situation, need to extract register as below -

Excise Group S1

Start Date:31.07.2008

End Date:01.08.2008

This extract also helpful to show the actual balances at the time of Excise utilization through J2IUN. In some scenarious, balances are not tallied and in those situation one needs to extract the register then there is possibity of correct balances for utilization.

Extraction time -

1. Extraction generally done at monthend to carryforward balances

2. Extraction also used to prin the register in a particular period, suppose you want to print RG23A/C/RG1 register between 01.04.2008 to 10.08.2008, in those situation first one needs to retrieve the data through extraction and after that take the preview of the register.

3. Extraction also takes place before utilization of excise balances.

Rewards if it helps

Regards

Goutham