Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden fields in Standard Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Experts,

I watched a table QPCD in SE16, it display a field KURZTEXT with value. While in SE11 I am not getting such field and in select query it shows no fields defined.

the above field is in another table QPCT.

Any one can explain this. How it happens.

Wishing Answer, free to point.

Regards

Rajiv singh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi do one thing...

Go to SE16 enter QPCD.. press ENTER--> in the toolbar SETTINGS -> FIELDS FOR SELECTION --> There all the fields in the table will be shown. There are you able to find KURZTEXT... i can say NO. SO that field is not in that table. So as per ur assumption it is not a hidden field.

COming to your doubt, why the value of KURZTEXT is getting displayed in QPCD. It is because QPCT is the TEXT TABLE for QPCD.

If you still have doubt.. Press F1 on the short text value --> Click TECHNICAL INFORMATION and check the TABLE NAME -- it will be obviously QPCT.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Generally tables that ends with "T" at last are called as TEXT Tables for their parent tables.

It means for any given field in the main table, the TEXT table will contain the description.

Similarly in your case open the main table and click on GOTO -> TEXT Table....you would find the text table entry...

Best Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi do one thing...

Go to SE16 enter QPCD.. press ENTER--> in the toolbar SETTINGS -> FIELDS FOR SELECTION --> There all the fields in the table will be shown. There are you able to find KURZTEXT... i can say NO. SO that field is not in that table. So as per ur assumption it is not a hidden field.

COming to your doubt, why the value of KURZTEXT is getting displayed in QPCD. It is because QPCT is the TEXT TABLE for QPCD.

If you still have doubt.. Press F1 on the short text value --> Click TECHNICAL INFORMATION and check the TABLE NAME -- it will be obviously QPCT.

0 Kudos

Thanks for good reply.

Please explain:

Where it is metioned that QPCT is text table for QPCD.

0 Kudos

In SE11, put the table name as QPCD and display.

Then Menu GoTo --> Text Table.

Otherwise, you can use FM DDUT_TEXTTABLE_GET to get the text table name.

0 Kudos

Hello Rajiv.

There is as such no information clearly displayed,

But, I tried this,

1. Press F4 on selection screen for CODE field.

2. There the text will be displayed too.

3. Click under any text field and Press F1.

4. Click on Technical information.

There is shows table QPCT.

Good Luck & Regards.

Harsh Dave

0 Kudos

90% ok now.

one doubt is:-

How can I mension a text table to a table?

Regards

Rajiv singh.

0 Kudos

This is happns because of the maintainance view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a field from text table.

Goto Transaction se16N, you can see the text table name under ur table name.

Regards

Sathar

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to add to Jyothi's answer, the text table relationship is defined via SE11, for table QPCT field CODE a foreign key to table QPCD of type "key fields of a text table" has been defined. That's how SE16 "knows" it should display a join of both tables in SE16.

Thomas