cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-Recruiting:Status change Activities on screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to understand a few things about performing activities on candidacies(Object NE) . Please help me out in the following queries :

We are implementing eRecruiting 603,specifically succession planning.

I have created some custom activities (of type status change) & assigned them to some cutom created processes.

In the BSP page, the list of candidacies NE for each NB is shown.

The various processes (custom as well as standard) are also shown on the screen as different tabs.

I have one Z activity Assigned to object status "intended as successor" and another assigned to status " rejected".

1) To begin with all the NEs are shown in the ALL tab.If i perform any status change activity(intended as successor or rejected), the NE completely disppears from the screen (even from tab ALL) . Is this the standard expected behaviour ? There is a Process called "Rejection".But the Rejected NE is not shown in this tab. Is there any way i can show the NE under the Rejection tab? The same happens for status "intended as successor".

2)Is this how all the status-change activities behave on screen? The NE is not shown on the screen but the changed status is reflected in the table 5139

3)At the end of the process,for a NB,how can a succession planner see the NEs with status "intended as successor" if the NEs disappear from screen on performing this activity.

Any assistance and thoughts on this will be invaluable.

Many thanks,

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sowmya,

I think the SAP customizing mght tricked you a bit. The status of the candidacy which you set with the status changing activity has nothing to do with the tabs in the screen you are talking of.

The Tabs result from the processes (or process steps - wording is not very clear here). Either you see all processes that are assigned to recruiting or succ planning or if you have assigned a recruiting plan to the requisition you will have tabs for each process(step) for which are activities in the recruiting plan.

The candidacy is counted on the tab in which its most recent activity is in. So the status change activity rejected and the process rejected have nothing to do with each other directly. Only if it is the most recent activity of the candidacy and it belongs to the process reject the candidacy will be counted on the tab.

If the candidacy disappears at all this results from the filters you set in the upper area of the screen. In the recruiting candidacy list the default filter restricts the candidacies shown to "in process" that might be the reason why the candidacies disappear after status change.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roman,

You are very right.

I had set the deafult candidacy filter to "in process" .I set it to "All" & i can see all the candidacies in the All tab.

Also,the concept of processes & actvities is much clearer now.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

Sowmya