Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when login into the portal with the new user i got the following error,

Error occurred while trying to access desktop: "portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop". The object does not exist or you are not authorized to access it. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Regards,

Siva Sankar N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Please refer to SAP NOTE : 869690

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sandeep Tudumu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Siva..

Just check That u r new user is assigned to everyone group .

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

This is basically issue with your portal desktop and its permissions. Check your desktop properties were assigned properly.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/6a/f72f1c9539420ebee0b8734110aaac/frameset.htm

Also check that your master rule collection is set correct (checkout user=* and that its links to the correct Portal Desktop).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/ed/f794f201654cc8bdd6968e350800d9/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply,

i checked all the alternatives,

Default desktop has a read premision to the Every one Group,

protal display was also add like this

IF User = *

THEN Portal Desktop = pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop

User also assigned to the Everone Group.

But same error was comming, is anything extra i need to configure

(Actually i created an ivew and included in page, one role was created. all these 3 are created under one custom folder. Entry point was set to Yes for that role,by default this role was assinged to the Super admin so when i am login as an administrator the new role was displayed at the toplevel navigation but when i am trying to login as a new user who was assigned this role and Everyone group i got an error)

Regards,

Siva Sankar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

First check the permissions at each level.some times the permission will not be inherited. Assign the permission to the user at portal content level Once it is done check the portal display rules and assign default desktop to that particular user and check. But it is not really required ,but check this out. And at each permission level give the user read/write permission . It will work out . I'm confident because I came across with the same problem and able to resolve this.It is only permissions issue.

get back if u need help.

Thanks.

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check below thread

Koti Reddy