cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two class in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP Guru

by mistak i maintained two class in material master ,now i am unable to delete one class from there, while deleting that class system is publishing the error message like " class can not be deleted "

PLS Suggest

N D GUPTA

00966 552569785

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What class? 001?

Make sure any maintained values are deleted in material master first. Save. Then try deleting.

If those characteristics have been used anywhere else, (like in a COA profile), then you must delete all uses of the characteristics.

Then you should be able to delete the class.

Also, an subordinate classes must be deleted first.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag

Class 022 , it is not possible to delete the characteristic from every where . becasuse all charac and class is being used in several placeses.

please suggest another way for deletion .

N D

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry.. i wasn't quite clear.

For one, I'm not sure how you even managed to assign two classes to the same classification view. SAP does not allow multiple classes for 022 and 023 classes.

Now.. if you assigned Class A in plant 1000 and then assigned Class B in plant 2000, that is different.

Lets say you want to change get rid of the Class B assignmemnt in plant 2000. You must delete all the values for all batches of the material in plant 2000. Then you must edit each batch in plant 2000 and delete the assigned batch class. Then you can go to the material and delete the batch class B in plant 2000. Then go back in, assign Class A in plant 2000. Go to each batch and into classification and reenter the original batch values against the proper characteristics. This process is explained in the link provided by the previous poster as well.

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this thread,

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16018322&messageID=5852758

Regards,

R.Brahmankar