Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dep. posting in TC-AFAB

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all

while executing TC-AFAB following error message is displayed.

Create document number range YY using internal number assignment

Message no. AA776

Diagnosis

Processing terminated because the document number range YY for year 2008 was set up with external number assignment.

System Response

For periodic posting of depreciation, you have to create a document number range with internal number assignment, since the document numbers are assigned from Financial Accounting.

Procedure

Change the number assignment for the number range YY from external to internal in Customizing for Asset Accounting. See SAP Note 890976 for more information.

Now my question is i have executed the same with same parameter for previous month which was also with same external no. assignment.why it is asking to do by changing the no range assignment.Pl.advice.

By

shivaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which release are you on? If you are in ECC 5.0 this functionality is activated with the changes of note 903118.

If you are on ECC 6.0 I don´t believe that you have been able to successfully run any depreciation run with external number range.

@Paul: one advantage of the internal document number range is in fact that there is no need any more to use it only for depreciation purposes. You can use any document type from then on, independent on the document number ranges (as long as it is internal). I wouldn´t recommend this, but it is possible from now on, whereas this has lead to immense problems with the external document number range in the past. Whoever once had a problem with error message AA 728 (Documents manually posted within dep.doc.number range) knows what I am talking about.

Regards,

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shivaji,

In the new versions from SAP the number range for the FI documents should be no longer external but internal. In the past asset accounting givr the number to FI but that is no longer the case.

I think in your situation you have to change the number range YY. When this is the middle of the fiscal year you can found the last document number in the table TABA.

You change the numeber range to external

Fill in the number you found in TABA.

When you start in the new fiscal year you have only to change the numeber range to external.

It is important that this document type is only used for depreciation.