cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM in Purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

please advice me on how to configure BOM for purchases, eg: i am building a site with no production planning. i have defined the site as a complete material, and have 20 components for the same. so when ever i need to build the site i will use only those 20 materials which needs to be determined automatically in the PR or PO using a BOM. please help me in finding the solution.

with regards#

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have to create a "pack" of several articles that are sold together, so, I have thought that perhaps a BOM is the solution. Do you know if I am right? I have already created the BOM (with usage 5), but the problem is that when I create the purchase order, it doesn't appear all the articles of the bill of materials I have entered, neither they do appear in the MIGO. Have I missed something in customizing or in the master data??

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Did you try to create a contract with combination to 20 materials and vendor combination. ME31K transaction.

please advice me on how to configure BOM for purchases, - NO BOM for procurement (Standard type procurement). Procurement is - an material master = an item = with respective valuation, stock quantity and order management.

eg: i am building a site with no production planning. OK

i have defined the site as a complete material, - means you create a material master record for this?

and have 20 components for the same.

so when ever i need to build the site i will use only those 20 materials which needs to be determined automatically in the PR or PO using a BOM. - Whenever the material number for site entered, the rest 20 materials will follow automatically in PR or PO - isnt it?? I think NO its NOT possible.

please help me in finding the solution.- You can try in other way by creating contract with the material (site) and vendor (supplier) for all the 20 materials. In this case you have to maintain seperate material master record for all your 20 items.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this go to cs01 enter the main material bom usage enter there u enter all BOM materials save.

go to me21n sub contract type "L" automatically the list appears in matl data im item level components view.

Pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the answer, but here i am not doing a Sub cont PO. its a standard PO and i need to purchase all the items for the site through a vendor. coz i will be procuring often the same items everytime i need to construct a site.

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends

I greatly appreciate any more suggestions?